Plymouth Raiders have completed their 2013-14 roster with the addition of American Garrius Holloman.
The 6’6″ forward spent his rookie pro season in New Zealand earlier this season where he played a combined 17 matches for the Hub Jets and then Waikato Pistons, averaging a total of 17.7ppg.
And Coach Love told the Plymouth Herald he believes he has assembled a competitive team for the upcoming season:
“I think we can compete this season. I’m really happy with the team I have.”
“Yes, we’re young. Most of the guys have just one year’s experience, which may be the one downside you feel when you look at the team but we have great size, we’re very athletic and we’re quick,” Love added.
The Team of the Week is calculated by performance valuation based on Sporting Pulse’s statistics for the BBL:
- Charles Smith- A sensational display from the Newcastle Eagles veteran with an incredible 49 point haul against the Durham Wildcats. The 37 year-old made 19/35 shots from the field including 8/10 from beyond the arc. Smith continued to fill the stat-sheet with an additional 16 rebounds and has now taken his season points average to 20.1
- Joe Chapman- The reigning BBL MVP joins his team-mate in the Team of the Week thanks to an impressive triple-double in the same game. Chapman fired in 18 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and provided 11 assists in Newcastle‘s emphatic 106-65 victory. The 28 year-old is a regular in the Team of the Week and has now seen his season-high of 41 points (v Sheffield 18/01/13) beaten by Smith.
- Michael Ojo- The Plymouth guard has stepped up in recent weeks following a return from injury and the release of the influential Jeremy Bell. Ojo inspired the Raiders to a 100-93 victory on the road at Cheshire with a career best 40 points to average 31.25 points in his last four outings. The 23 year-old has the second best points per game average (22.7) in the league behind Chez Marks whilst shooting 53% from the field.
- Donald Robinson- The BBL Rookie earned his place in the TOTW with a 30 point haul against Cheshire Phoenix on Friday in a game that will be televised on Sky Sports tonight. The Rocks guard made an impressive 12/14 FG attempts with a 75% success rate from downtown on his way to a season-high points total. Glasgow were in action again on Sunday to make it two wins out of two for the weekend but this time Robinson could only manage a single basket.
- Stanley Ocitti- The Wolves big man completes the line-up after helping his side to a win in Manchester with a 20 point-10 rebound double-double. Ocitti narrowly missed out on the feat in his previous two matches for Worcester but managed to add a seventh for the season in the victory against the Giants. The 6’8″ forward averages 13.6 ppg and just under 10 rebounds in his first season in the BBL.
Bench: Sheffield Sharks duo Micah Williams and Mike Tuck make the bench for their performances in the team’s home win against Durham while Darius Defoe also makes it despite being overshadowed by the efforts of Chapman and Smith. Matt Schneck is on the bench after helping Plymouth to a win against his former side while Chez Marks continues to prove why he’s the league’s top scorer with another 30+ point haul. Also making the bench are Leicester duo Jay Couisnard and Drew Sullivan who helped their side into the semi-finals of the BBL Trophy and keep the pressure on league leaders, Newcastle.